Welcome to Animated CyberKisses
1. Wear an emblem in honor of the saint-a custom which dates from
as early as 1681-and the account of Thomas Dinely.
Generally a green ribbon the shamrock or
a saint Patrick's cross (circle or square of
paper decorated with green ribbon and bits
of priests vestments by girls and small
children-for boys a paper cross in the style of the Celtic
illuminations carefully decorated)
2. Go to work and demand the "Patrick's Groat" take leave of your
capitalistic master and go to town and spend it all. (very
few of the zealous should be found sober at night account (Dinely 1681!).
3. Men should make a cross of a twig of wild sallow
and pin it to the thatch inside the house or above the door.
4. You may also wear a harp shaped badge
5. Wear the "Trifolium repens"-white clover (Identified as such by Caleb Threlkeld in 1727)
6.After church go to the pub to drink the "pota Pa/draig"-St. Patrick's pot.
Many acts of devotion should be followed by an
equal number of acts of copious libation...
Thanks to Carl for this information..
|Back to CK||Kisses||Love Cards||Friendship|
|Thinking of you||Birthday||Anniversary||Holidays|
|Forgive Me||Work Days||Fun Stuff!||Secret Admirer|
|Get Well||Kids Section||Flower Cards||Fun Cards|
|Welcome Home||Relative||Thank You||Congratulations|